Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just Stay Little


Joy's Hope is cute blog that is definitely worth stalking. This post hit home with me today. Really, it's where I live everyday. This morning, the girls and I walked to the bus stop, just like most mornings. As they stopped to touch the "sleeping grass", I was a little overwhelmed. Their fascination with the grass made them seem so young, but visually they seemed so grown up. Bethany is nine, and super close to losing some of her naivety about life. Avery is 4, and super close to dropping the silly little way she talks. I am so excited to have a front row seat at this show. They are precious little women, and I feel so undeserving to get to shepherd them. And more than that, I feel thankful.
We were almost back home, and I told Avery that she is so pretty and so grown up. She said, "I will just stay little." I told her that God made us to grow up, and that a long time ago I was little like her. She said, "Well then I will just stay your angel." Deal.

No comments: