Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pokemon and the Bible???

This AM, as Bethany, her friend Jake, and I rode to school, he informed us that if he did well at school today, his dad would buy him some Pokemon cards. I asked him what he did with those and he said that he traded them with his friends. I told him I didn't get it. So, I asked Bethany what she and her dad read about this AM, and she said Daniel. Jake wanted to know who Daniel is, so Bethany explained the story to him. She went on about how our virtue of the month is courage. Jake said, "What's courage? Like when you need to tell somebody what to do?" Bethany told him-I helped this time-that it's our virtue of the month at church-Being brave enough to do what you should even when you're afraid. He said, "See, Bethany doesn't understand my Pokemon cards, just like I don't understand the Bible." Then I just sat back and beamed as Bethany explained the story of Daniel and how he trusted God-what a sweet drive to school!

4 comments:

Tabaitha said...

It's amazing how God works in the life of our children and bring forth opportunites to share the word of God thru situations you never expected.

Tabaitha said...

Well if you ever venture out to this area, you will have a place to stay!

Christine said...

wow! what a great story. someone is teaching those kids right. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lori for popping over to my new blog and welcoming me to the blog world. What a sweet story about your kids. Kids always seem to amaze me - just when you think they don't get it, they show you they do. I look forward to coming by and reading regularly.